09 November 2008

Northanger visiting Antarctic peninsular



These two photos were just sent by Roger Robinson who was on Northanger about 5-years ago and visited the Antarctic peninsular. He apologises for the quality as these are scans from slides. They look fine to me.

I should point out that Northanger run or support various 'commercial' expeditions - just look at the Northanger website for more info. Having organised and been on both commercial and non-commercial expeditions I'm not always sure of the difference. Style surely is the real issue and we like the Northanger style going right back to the Smith Island ascent of Greg Landreth back in 1995. The chap who told me the tale of this was on the second Joint Services expedition to the island and he was impressed.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous joe said...

Those are some awesome pics. And you're right, they look just fine. But to be there in actual person, now that's a sight to behold. Wish I could go on an expedition like that in my lifetime.

5:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home